Halcyon Forums  

Go Back   Halcyon Forums > Halcyon Forums > Sun Management Center

Old 03-10-2011

Default T2000 with SYS/SERVICE indicator - WHAT TO DO?

I have multiple T2000s with just the SYS/SERVICE indicator alert in the ON state. That is the ONLY alert. I also have multiple T2000s without this indicator or any other alerts. This tells me that this is not a normal condition.

Does this indicate a hardware fault either currently or previously?

If so, how does this need to be handled?

The sys admins on this account don't know what it means or how to handle it. I can't seem to find any documentation specifically addressing the indicator.

Thanks in advance to anyone who may have encountered this and willing to share their experience.
Old 03-10-2011
Administrator

This should mean that the "Service Required LED" on the system is blinking amber. It is the middle of the three LEDs on the rear of the system, and the left most LED on the front of the system, the one with the triangular exclamation mark.

If the indicator is as expected (blinking amber) -- they need to login to the system ALOM, and run the "showfaults" command. Further information about accessing ALOMs and the commands such as "showfaults" can be found in the "T2000 ALOM CMT" Guide, Sun Docs 819-7981-11 or 819-7991-10 or similar.

There might be another alarm, perhaps closed or acknowledged, that they missed seeing in the Config Reader or Syslog file scanning module that reflects the indicated fault. Although it's possible there are certain fault conditions that the Sun MC Config Reader module might not catch - hence the notification about the indicator state. It guarantees that if the firmware engineers have put in new functionality that but Config Reader has not been updated to match, you'll at least "see" the general fault indicator.

If the indicator does not match what Sun MC says it's current state is, then there's something wrong with the Config Reader module and/or the API it's using to read the ALOM status.
Old 03-11-2011

This help a bunch.... Our sys admins don't get any hardware training anymore.